Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Extending Relief Prints

A year ago I had the honor of creating 6 different linoleum block prints for American Flatbread Pizza sold at Whole Foods Markets. They've decided to change the format of the images from square to horizontal, giving me the opportunity to make these images bigger and better, I'm delighted to say. They are wonderful clients with a great product. All pencils are approved and printing is underway. Yeah!

Friday, September 4, 2009

Morning Glory Block Print

Had this simple idea for a greeting card. More of an excuse to play with line and shapes. And my new Akua Kolors. This isn't done yet. I may add another block. It needs something, not sure what. I'll sleep on it and work on another image.

Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Three variations, and moving on

Variations of the Headlands image.
Two top are brushed on ink, the third is rolled on ink.

I'm done with it and am writing it off as experiments with inks and layers. Playing with brushing on Akua Kolor verses rolling on Graphic Chemical inks to see the outcomes. When I cut the blocks I knew less than I do now. I usually do reduction prints so am used to lots of layers with water based inks. Graphic Chemical inks don't work well for it. They're gooey and saturated. The consistency of honey. I'm rubbing by hand, so a light application of ink is much harder to get down. Now I'm adjusting my process by using less overlapping layers of ink and more blocks, one or two colors per. Oh well. I learned allot. Onward.


Related Posts with Thumbnails