Pages

Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Bowl of Fruit Still Life

Here's a color composition for my next block print. I'm considering using some wonderfully textured mahogany. It'll be a multi-block print. I'm interested in this experiment to see how this will translate into a print because I want to use overlapping colors to create new, yet maintain the intensity and contrast of the compliments.
I scrapped the peony image for now. I ran a proof and wasn't happy with it. I haven't totally given up. It just needs a lot of work and I'd rather proceed with this image. Color kicks my butt. I love it!
Now to Sharpen my tools!

3 comments:

Celeste Bergin said...

beautiful! I'll be checking back to see how it turns out..your work is beautiful

Nancy Goldman said...

This is beautiful as a finished painting. I can't wait to see the block print.

Kris Wiltse said...

Thanks, Celeste and Nancy.
Nancy, I was just considering doing it as a more finished painting. I apply painting techniques to my prints, so it's not so different.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails